If last night is any indication of how 2013 is going to go, I’m going to have a great year.
Last night I had a small New Year’s Eve get together. I made a ton of appetizers, I spent the past few days shopping for the perfect decor (it turned out pretty great, that photo above doesn’t do it justice). I was pretty proud of my outfit, too, which I bought for $10.50 total (the dress was $9 at Gabriel Brothers and the blazer was $1.50 at Goodwill).
I made a few appetizers, and people brought tons of food as well. My friend Allison made this funfetti birthday cake dip, which consisted of funfetti cake mix, yogurt and cool whip. I’m pretty much never eating anything else ever again. It’s so good!
It’s back to the grind for me today. Since the gym is closed, I’m planning to go for a run outside if it warms up a little this afternoon. I’m also planning a delicious New Year’s Day dinner of sausage, sauerkraut and potatoes.
Before I sign off, I want to share my last resolution with you.
- If someone annoys me or hurts my feelings, I will think of 3 things I love about that person
- In 2013, I will run another half marathon, shooting for a PR
- I will continue strength training 3 days a week, setting a specific plan for each week with muscles targeted
- I will run 600 miles in 2013
- I will attempt to organize my home and office at work, going shelf by shelf and finding a place for everything.
I’m a fairly organized person, but I know there is room for improvement, so each month, I will try to focus on something that needs cleaned or cleared out, and will attempt to reach that coveted goal: Everything in its place.
Question of the day:
How did you ring in 2013?