Last night, I was looking at a wedding dress site and I decided to measure myself in case I decide to order my dress online. I was disappointed to find out that since I last took my measurements, I’ve gained almost 2 inches around my waist, even though I weigh roughly the same. Not good. So, I’ve decided to be honest with myself:
- I have not be exercising like I used to (read: before vacation — what is it about vacation that throws me off!?). I’m taking way more rest days and when I do workout, I’m not committing as much time or energy as I’d like to it. Furthermore, I’m slacking on my half marathon training, which will only hurt me come November 11.
- I have not been eating as healthfully as I should. Extra snacks and large portion sizes have been creeping into my daily routine.
- I’m sore. My muscles are tight, and I’ve abandoned my stretching/yoga routine.
The only way to get back to where I want to be is to work harder, and that means making some goals for myself — and sticking to them! So, here we go: October Goals!
- Watch portion sizes. Measure my meals. Bring healthy snacks to work and avoid vending machine.
- Count calories? — I don’t really want to do this. I hate counting calories, but I guess it works. Does anyone have an alternative suggestion?
- Go back to one rest day/week, and make sure when I do exercise, I’m doing so for at least 45 minutes.
- Don’t skimp on half-marathon training. I’ve been shaving miles off here and there, and it’s not going to help me run 13.1 miles in a month.
- Weight training 3x a week, and yoga 3x a week.
How will I do this?
- Make a meal plan, and stick to it. Don’t buy high calorie/fat foods.
- Drink more water. 8 glasses a day will make me feel satisfied and less lethargic.
- Aim to get 8 hours of sleep a night. If that means skipping something ‘fun’ to go to bed early, so be it.
- Make it to the gym in the mornings at least three times a week. On Mondays and Wednesdays, attend the weight training classes in the morning. This will help with the 3x a week weight training goal.
- Join Courtney’s (at SweetToothSweetLife) October yoga Challenge, to do yoga 3x a week. There is a new yoga class at my gym — try it!
- Make sure to get my miles in for half marathon training, even if I have to run in the evenings after having been at the gym in the morning.
- Hit the weight room after one speed work (treadmill run) session each week, which in addition to the MW weights class will meet my strength goal.
Say it, Do it!
Question of the Day:
What are your goals for the month of October?