I can’t think of a cuter way to start this post than Haley did when she nominated me. In case you didn’t click over, she did a cute little reference to accepting at an awards show, and how much does she look like Lana Del Ray?
I’m super excited that Haley nominated my blog for the Liebster Award!
What is the Liebster Award? Well, I’m glad you asked:
- Liebster means “dearest” in German
- The Liebster Award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers.
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
- Write 11 random facts about yourself
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you
- Write 11 questions
- Nominate 11 bloggers, who will in turn answer your 11 questions and repeat the cycle!
How fun, right!? Well, first of all, I do want to sincerely thank Haley (her blog, The Saucy Apple, is terrific!) for nominating me. I’ve seen this around the blogosphere for a while now, and I’ve been secretly hoping to be nominated someday!
Let’s get this party started, huh?
11 Random Facts:
1) My birthday is on Christmas Day. I like it, but I’ve never ever had a birthday party on my birthday. I don’t get double the presents (that’s the question everyone always asks), some people get me a specific separate birthday present, but most people don’t.
2) I have three cats — Tuscany, Penny and Posey. I love them very much, but I also really want a dog.
3) I am the Wellness Coordinator at work (not my only job by a long shot). My first task in this position was to get a water cooler installed in our break room. The water from the tap at the library is a little gross, because of old pipes, and the vending machine only sells soda! So, I petitioned our Friends of the Library Board of Directors to pay for a monthly water service. We now have 40 gallons of fresh drinking water delivered each month!
4) My fiance is the funniest person I’ve ever met. Ok, this isn’t a random fact about me! We’ve been together for a little over 2 years now, but I knew him for about a year before we started dating. The thing is, when you first meet him, he’s kind of quiet, so you don’t know how hilarious he is. Once you start getting to know him, he will be cracking you up regularly. I laugh so often, and it’s incredible.
5) I love Taylor Swift. Not only her music (and truly, I only like some of her songs), but she fascinates me. I think she’s adorable, and I love this rap she did with T-Pain (hilarious). I also truly do not think her doe-eyed enthusiasm for everything is an act. I much prefer her never-ending gratitude (even if it is a little bit of an act) to some celebrities indifference.
6) I’m a super slow runner. I’ve been running for years, and you would think I would be fast by now, but no. I consistently run a 10 minute mile and although it used to frustrate me, I’m pretty ok with it now. Running is running.
7) I love to eat orange rinds. I just eat the whole orange, rind and all. I’ve always done it, since I was a kid.
8) I’m a calendar girl! My friend (and future Sister-in-Law) Courtney did a year long photo project this year, which was to make a 2013 pin-up calendar. I’m Miss February:
The calendar is great! It features a bunch of ladies from my area, and the photos are really fun. The above photo is an outtake, you’ll have to buy the calendar to get the real February photo. I’ve seen the calendar, it’s high-quality and huge. It would be perfect in your kitchen!
10) I got third place in my age group at the very first 5k I ever ran. It was a pretty small 5k, but it was still a pretty awesome feeling.
11) Thinking of 11 random things to tell you about myself was very difficult!
Now, the answers to Haley’s questions:
1) If you had to wear a uniform every day and could get creative with one article of clothing, what would it be? I’d probably wear some flair!
2) What was your best subject in school? Your worst? My best subjects were always English related, because I loved to read so much. The worst was math, in high school, which is weird because in college I became a math whiz. I guess my high school teachers were right when they said I “didn’t apply myself”
3) What’s your favorite childhood toy? I want a pogo ball SO badly!
4) What’s the accomplishment you’re most proud of from 2012? Finishing the half marathon even though I really wanted to quit!
5) If you were going to write a book, which genre would you write? Why? Young Adult, definitely. Why? Because that’s what I enjoy reading!
6) What’s your most embarrassing habit? I guess biting my nails. It’s gross, and I stop for long periods of time, but I always go back to it! Yuck!
7) What’s your favorite perfume? I bought this fragrance, Yogini, with my Birchbox points a while back and I really like it. The only problem is that it’s a bit too strong.
8) What’s the one food you hated when you were young, but you now love? I hated pretty much every vegetable when I was young, but I have a serious love affair with them now.
9) What’s the one thing that makes you, you? This is a tough question! I think you’d probably get a better answer if you asked my friends, but if I’m being honest, I’d say it was my compassion. Sometimes it’s a downfall, but I deeply care about almost everyone.
10) If you could be the voice of a Disney character, who would you choose? Oh, definitely a Disney Princess. And while we’re dreaming, how about we just make a Disney Princess based on me!?
11) What’s the one goal you have for your blog in 2013? Great question! I’d really like to switch over to self-hosted in the very near future. I also would like to learn a bit about graphics. I want to design my own layout!
My questions for the nominees:
1) What’s your favorite movie?
2) What is the first thing you’d do if you won the lottery?
3) Do you have any pets?
4) What’s your favorite food?
5) If you could have one super power, what would it be?
6) What’s your favorite cartoon?
7) Why did you start a blog?
8) You have a holiday party tomorrow at work. What’s your go-t0 potluck dish to bring?
9) Name one song that makes you want to immediately get up and dance?
10) What’s your favorite Saturday morning activity?
11) What is the one thing you’d like to do with your blog in the next year?
My nominees (I have no idea if any of you have been nominated or have over 200 followers!):
Haley @ The Blue Table
Samantha @ HappyAppalachy
Ashley @ All These Places
Erica @ For The Sake of Cake
Courtney @ Raising Margot
Kim @ Barking Mad about Running
Molly @ Just Your Average Athlete
Ritsa @ RunnerRitsa
Sarah @ Picky Runner
…and now I’m at a loss! I follow so many very popular blogs! If you’re not on this list, you’re still nominated!
Question of the Day:
Pick one of my 11 above! 🙂