A little late, and I skipped a month. Can you tell I’ve been busy!? Wedding planning had taken a backseat to other responsibilities recently, but I’m back and determined to get as much done as possible. I have a bunch of crafting, planning and purchasing to do. Zach and I have set up a day to sit down with my parents to finalize our budget so we can be 100% sure where the money is coming from for everything. I can’t believe the wedding is in 4 months. I’ve gone from the “I’ve got plenty of time!” attitude to total crunch time, and it’s making me crazy!
One big point of stress is figuring out where the money will come from for everything. Also, Zach and I have been working on something else huge in our lives recently which I should have more information about soon, so I feel a little strapped for cash lately.
But, let’s get on with it, shall we?
Venue— Reserved and paid for! Caterer— Caterer booked and partially paid for
- Alcohol — Signature cocktails decided on, pricing wine/beer now.
Escort Cards— We’ve decided to do away with assigned seating for now. I don’t know if Zach is 100% on board with this idea, but for now I’ve decided to nix it because it’s one less thing I have to do. Guest List— the guest list has been finalized! My Dress— Please see below.
My Veil— Something borrowed — I have it and it looks great with my dress.
Bolero for over dress— It arrived, and it is PERFECT! I can’t wait for you to see it. Everyone who has seen it with the dress says it is just that special something that makes the dress “pop” — if you’re looking for something simple, elegant and handmade check out Wearable Artz — Amy really did a perfect job.
- Hair accessories for bride/bridesmaids? — Still thinking about this.
Ties/socks for the groomsmen/ring bearer— The groomsmen have their outfits picked out, matching socks have been acquired.
- Shoes for the bride — If anyone sees any amazing yellow shoes, please send me the link!
Guest Book— Recieved! It’s perfect :) Save the Date Invitations— Check! Here is my post about the Save the Dates.
- Invitations — I’ve seen a mock up of the invites and I’m so excited to share this with you! But it will have to wait until they have been mailed :)
- Welcome bags for out of town guests — This is something we will deal with a little closer to the wedding. I have some ideas.
- Bridesmaid dresses — One bridesmaid is fully outfitted, another has ordered her dress (but won’t get it until a month before the wedding) and we’re working on the rest.
Cake: We’ve had our cake consultation. We are doing a naked cake, the flavors of the layers are: Vanilla, Boston Creme and lemon. Need to make the cake topper.
- Centerpieces — Yarn-wrapped wine bottles (see below), 3 per table Handmade runners and tea lights, and framed prints — so far I have some bottles wrapped, the prints have been framed and the fabric for the runners has been ordered. Need to decide on flowers for the wine bottles (will do silk flowers)
Officiant— I’ve emailed Adam (our officiant) again to give him a bit of an idea of where we were going with that. We will set up a meeting this spring to finalize everything. Photographer— My SIL-to-be and her wedding photographer partner are our wedding photographers. They do amazing work, so I’m pretty pleased about this.
- DJ – Zach has been in touch with our wedding DJ’s. They are friends of ours so we are just playing chicken on a price right now.
The “somethings”— Check! Veil, earrings, bracelet, dress Jewelry— Check! I have a lovely pair of blue earrings and I’ve commissioned a local jewelry designer to do a nice simple necklace for me, and of course my great-grandmother’s bracelet.
- Our wedding bands — We really need to get this done.
- Bridesmaid Gifts — I’ve ordered part of this, just looking for a few more things.
- Groomsmen Gifts — Zach has ordered a few things.
- Rehearsal Dinner — I’ve spoken with a couple friends who are willing to host a BBQ the day before the wedding, so we will have somewhere to do this. We’ve talked about a pig roast with catered sides. If we do it this way, the rehearsal dinner can be a more casual affair that everyone who is coming to the wedding can attend.
Wedding Registries— Macy’s, Target and online for cash gifts.
- Thank you cards — Love the idea of a photo of us on the day holding a Thank You! sign
Hotel Room block— this was taken care of when we booked the venue
- Hair person — I’m going to cut all of my hair off. See below.
- Garter — I’m probably just going to make this, something like this
- Our toasting flutes — Here are a few I like
- Cake cutter/spatula
- Day-of Coordinator(s) — a friend has offered to help out with this. THANK YOU, Sarah!!
- Programs — I have this planned in my head, just need to order the materials and put them together. I’ll do a post on it when I finish them.
- Cake Topper — need to make.
- Flowers — See below.
Songs for the ceremony
- Ceremony Readings — I’m going with readings from Children’s books. I have two picked out already.
“First Dance” Songs
- Bridal Shower — One down, one to go.
- Bachelorette Party
- Bachelor Party
- Table Numbers — No need for this if we don’t have a seating chart.
- Favors —
homemade lemon cookies in gray CD sleeves (already purchased).I’ve been pricing buttons. Baking 150 homemade cookies is feeling overwhelming already.
- Other reception/ceremony decor — need chalkboards, various sized jars and bottles, backdrop and photo frames…I’ll be frequenting the local flea markets/antique shops this summer for these items.
- Photo booth — I think I’ve definitely decided to go with a DIY photo “area” instead of a traditional booth (they are SO expensive). I think people will have just as much fun taking their own photos, especially since I’m encouraging everyone to bring cameras with them.
Flower Girl attire— See below!
Honeymoon.— Zach and I are forgoing the Honeymoon to instead go on our annual beach trip with our friends about a month before the wedding. Since this is where we got engaged last year, I couldn’t imagine skipping it.
The first thing I want to talk about is my very first bridal shower! A few of my bridesmaids and I went back to Pittsburgh for a lovely shower hosted by maid of honor (and sister), Michelle and my mom. It was so lovely!
At this point in wedding planning, I would definitely say that the best part is getting to see/talk to so many family members and friends that you don’t usually see/talk to. I loved getting to see some old friends and family, and it’s nice to see my immediate family because I don’t get to see them as often as I’d like. It was also really fun getting to bring my girlfriends home and let them meet my family.
The shower had the cutest tea-party theme and everyone got to take home a unique tea cup and a vanilla flavored sugar cube shaped like a heart. I still haven’t used mine! I got some very nice gifts, but most importantly I felt very showered with love — it was awesome!
Zach and I had a meeting with a florist on Saturday. I showed her some photos:
…and now she’s working on a quote for me. As I’ve mentioned, our DIY centerpieces will be yarn-wrapped wine bottles with some sort of flowers, a framed print and a home made table runner (more on those below). I was originally planning on buying fake flowers for the centerpieces, but I’ve decided that it may be just as cost effective to get real flowers since I’ll only be doing a single bud in each. Jenni is going to run a quote with those and without them, so I can see if the costs will work. I’m pretty confident that Jenni will come up with something spectacular, but as usual I’m worried about cost. I’ll just have to weigh my options when it comes to flowers.
Fabric Table “Runners”
My friend Mandee is a talented seamstress, and she has very kindly agreed to make the table “runners” for the tables. We will have 18 large round tables. Luckily, our venue provides the table cloths, but I wanted something a little more, especially considering our centerpieces aren’t going to be too over the top.
Mandee pushed me to order the fabric already (I’m the worst procrastinator!) and we got it just recently:
These are just a few of the designs I picked, and Mandee will use a yellow binding around all of them with a decorative stitch. I have no doubt these will turn out amazing!
As of right now, the only things I’m working on are the decor items. We have most of the big things taken care of. Somehow, I still feel like things could get out of control at any moment!
Question of the Day:
If you had to choose wedding colors, what would they be?